Knocking noise on non load and acceleration

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
cbranni

Re: Knocking noise on non load and acceleration

Post by cbranni »

I think............for what its worth, a total strip is required, as you say you can't ride it like it is, so as winter approaches a nice little project, cam timing on these engines is simple, and all the info is in the manual, go on......get stuck in :D

Colin
only dead fish go with the flow
Ozmadman

Post by Ozmadman »

I think with mine I will check the breather first as it is an older model 350. I have to have the gearbox out this winter as well and turn the rear wheel axle round as it is in the wrong way methinks so all of this and an oil pump check can be done at the same time. didn't you have a similar noise on your 350 at some point in the past Colin?

Paul
Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed
bigwol

Post by bigwol »

Don Madden wrote:My B*As rattle so much I cannot locate any particular source of noise. (They all do that, Sir.) Cheers, Don.
My A7 is noisy too, can't find anything to cause it but am going to pull it apart (again) and have one more look as winter is approaching and it has a top end oil leak anyway.
It seems that to AMC riders BSA's are noisy, I've heard BSA owners think Triumphs sound like a bucket of nails going round in a cement mixer too so they must be bad! Not heard Triumph riders say anything about other marques being noisy, perhaps they're all deaf? :D
It's all just riding motorbikes