Footpeg position

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
Ozmadman

Re: Footpeg position

Post by Ozmadman »

Thanks Neville and Colin, some excellent tips there, especially the road drain bit!! you see I have no shed or workshop and no vice so all of my work is done outside in the small front garden or in the kitchen and I had been trying to find a suitable orifice to stick the rests in to straighten them. Never thought of a road drain!! so once I get the rubbers off I will be going for a walk down the road with rests in hand and an old fork stanchion to do the deed.

Paul
Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Ozmadman wrote:once I get the rubbers off I will be going for a walk down the road with rests in hand and an old fork stanchion to do the deed. Paul
You may need to take a couple of bits of packing as the gaps between the drain grille bars are probably much larger than the footrest bar.
Oh, and tie one end of a piece of string to the footrest and the other to you before you start!!
(Wear a reflective waistcoat and take a couple of pals with mugs of tea, hard hats and a clip board to stand and watch you and you'll be taken for an official council road gang ;) ).
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Ozmadman

Post by Ozmadman »

SPRIDDLER wrote:You may need to take a couple of bits of packing as the gaps between the drain grille bars are probably much larger than the footrest bar.
Oh, and tie one end of a piece of string to the footrest and the other to you before you start!!
(Wear a reflective waistcoat and take a couple of pals with mugs of tea, hard hats and a clip board to stand and watch you and you'll be taken for an official council road gang ;) ).
:beer: :rofl: thanks like it!!

Paul
Paul
1960 Model 8
Malleon

Post by Malleon »

Sprid., in the list of equipment for the footrest bending team, you forgot to include a shovel for each member to lean on while drinking the tea!
Best regards.
Ozmadman

Post by Ozmadman »

Colin F wrote:Have you tried forcing a small screwdriver etc between the rubber and the bar then squirting WD40 or similar in, this will normally lubricate them enough to get them off. It might need 2 or 3 applications for it to free it.
Rubbers off!! with the squirting method. Once you have squirted enough stuff between the rubber and the peg with a lot of twisting you can eventually free the rubbers grip on the peg then once you can rotate the rubber it's just a matter of rotating and pulling at the same time and eventually it will come off, now to find a drain!!!

Paul
Paul
1960 Model 8
boyd

Post by boyd »

Bike arrived in even better shape than I had hoped. First job was moving the pegs, it has made riding much easier, thanks for advice. Boyd
SideValve

Post by SideValve »

we need pictures :)
Peter W