1967 G2 CSR

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
Colin F

Re: 1967 G2 CSR

Post by Colin F »

The Blue wire from the ammeter goes to the 3rd or 6th pin anticlockwise from the "gap" these pins should be bridged together and a brown wire from the other oin going to the light switch.
I have had these sockets remanufactured.
davegsx

Post by davegsx »

Thank you for that Colin, I managed to find a old Bantam one I had lying about I soldered that on and took the AJS for it's MOT and it passed, still have the oil leak to sort out. But rain has stopped play. :beer:
davegsx

Post by davegsx »

I attended the Kempton auto jumble, bumped into Roy and after much searching managed to find NOS wipac socket for £5.00 for two of them. I know that they are for the light switch side but they do fit the ignition side i just need to solder the link bit in, is that correct ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Janet

Post by Janet »

Is the rubbery/plasticky bit with the holes in just perished with age or does it look like it's overheated? If the latter I'd check out all the wiring to make sure there isn't anything else wrong or you could end up with the same problem.

I've hear it's a lot easier when you completely melt your electrics. Then you can buy a nice new loom with all the correct wires connectors and switches. Not that I'd know this, of course. :oops:

I didn't know they had wiry bits like that inside.
davegsx

Post by davegsx »

Just old age, the other bit is a lighting coils for one of my other bikes.