POW 102

Where is that old bike?
Grouty

POW 102

Post by Grouty »

Are there any previous owners of this machine out there? I have the history of this G80S from 1978, but I would like to trace the original owner from Jan 1956, and any others that may have owned her since.
Thanks folks !
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it !
griffin

POW 102

Post by griffin »

Grouty (are you a bathroom tiler?) , you can so long as your name is on the V5 write to DVLA in Swansea and request a fee paying enquiry VQ7/1.This will give you all the previous owners.It costs about £5 but I'm not sure how far back they go.Could be only as far as the start of computerization . Cheers Chris
Grouty

POW 102

Post by Grouty »

Hi Chris,
Thanks for the info.
And no tiling here It just reflects my surname.
From memory I don't think DVLA records go back much beyond the middle seventies (I may be wrong) I would like to hear from any previous owners, and maybe locate a picture or two from a bygone age. This old thing had lain in a barn for 27 years before I dragged it out. Being totally original I don't really want to do a concourse on it, just keep it as it is and ride and enjoy!
Ian
Ian809MB

POW 102

Post by Ian809MB »

Have you tried contacting Southampton (was Borough Council) where your bike was registered, to check if their registration records were kept after computerization. If they were kept their archive office will at least tell you who it was originally owned by. I did this with mine which was registered in Monmouthshire. They told me over the phone that they had the record but a piece of paper with the details cost £5 plus vat.
Grouty

POW 102

Post by Grouty »

Thanks Ian,
Has anyone got the phone number and/or the extension number. Who do I ask for ?
Would probably save me hours of meandering around automated sevices and recorded dead ends !
moley

POW 102

Post by moley »

This is a good link to see if the records exist or not unfortunately no phone numbers for the different councils thou!

www.bsaoc.demon.co.uk/existing.htm
moley

POW 102

Post by moley »

City Records Office, Civic Centre, Southampton SO9 4XR - oh yes they do but no phone number