Matchless G80 1959

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
itma

Matchless G80 1959

Post by itma »

Was he an Irish chap with a gammy leg? worked next to a Jim like that, never knew his surname, a real cough drop he was. with a wry sense of humour
if it sound s like the man I`ll talk off board. but I don`t think my Jim rode a bike,
where did yours work?
Dave Rudd

Matchless G80 1959

Post by Dave Rudd »

Thanks for the response, itma.

No, it sounds like your 'Jim' was a vastly different character. My uncle was not Irish, had no gammy leg and was definitely not a 'cough drop'.

Oh well, it was worth a go. Thanks anyway.

Dave
itma

Matchless G80 1959

Post by itma »

I have some stuff however, other peoples memories of the time that may intesr you tho`, if you drop me a line with your address, the other route, and an SAE I `ll copy them for you.I was actually with the first commandos being built, rather than Matchless; it was a sad place to work, and not a happy workforce by then, all hanging on for their redundancy; some having spent a lifetime there.
A pox on Dennis Poore and Maganese Bronze ltd and all his children
m knight.

Matchless G80 1959

Post by m knight. »

all singles should have mags, if it didnt have one from new fit one as soon as you can! starting your bike first kick with a mag is cool! If you cant start a bike with electronic ignition first kick you must be a big girl!Think of your kids they need a proper man to look up to not a big girl!
lawrence

Matchless G80 1959

Post by lawrence »

I am tempted to invite Michael round to start my twin!