Jampot Hardlines

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
good-hifi

Jampot Hardlines

Post by good-hifi »

Jeez, is Tony a cat?. We all thought he was Juniors lap dog....
Mick
chris kelly

Jampot Hardlines

Post by chris kelly »

Hi, It was nice to see modern Triumph motorcycles in the car park of the local Supermarket,here in Sweden, preadvertised....ready and available for immediate test drives..lots of motorcyclists were there, .going out for a ride. I think thats marketing! The bikes sounded really nice. Chris.
'My cat can beat up your cat!'
crawsue

Jampot Hardlines

Post by crawsue »

I see that there is a guy in MCN who can tune-up a new Bonnie to 78 bhp with a big-bore kit and new silencers etc.I had a standard one on loan when my 1050 ST was in for some warranty work,it was a bit "buzzy" and a wee bit "bland" but it still had the effect of every old codger coming up to you as you parked up and regailing you with stories of riding Trumpets during their National Service (whatever that was!)That should get the old f%&ts going!Come on Rossi for tomorrow-we don't want Hayden winning the championship by default.
Hard work never killed anyone.....but why take the risk?
Don Madden

Jampot Hardlines

Post by Don Madden »

Was that engine or rear wheel HP at 78. My 865cc Newbonnie dynoed at 69.5HP at the rear wheel with only minor changes to air filtering & mufflers. That would be about 84HP at the crankshaft.

Jojjie the Wild got about 250HP I think on a turbo-charged NTB before it self destructed. He should not have used AMC twin con-rods!

(You see, I have an AMC connection to this thread.)
jim501

Jampot Hardlines

Post by jim501 »

[quote]
Was that engine or rear wheel HP at 78. My 865cc Newbonnie dynoed at 69.5HP at the rear wheel with only minor changes to air filtering & mufflers. That would be about 84HP at the crankshaft.

Jojjie the Wild got about 250HP I think on a turbo-charged NTB before it self destructed. He should not have used AMC twin con-rods!

(You see, I have an AMC connection to this thread.)
[/quote

Don,

As the nation with the biggest stick on the globe at the moment you cannot prance around the world with a thing called a ... MUFFLER ..!!

As a nation, you really have to find a more .. MACHO .. term for this thing which announces that you will be arriving with something pretty subtantial, very shortly.

Cruise missiles can be frightening but arriving with a .. MUFFLER .. is like trying to join the SAS wearing a pink party frock and high heeled shoes.

My last cat was a ginger striped thing called Shirley who, despite intensive potty training, used to perform all her bodily functions in the bath.

Nicky Hayden ??

What chance does he stand against Valentino Rossi ?

What parent in his right mind christens a child .. Nicky ?

It's all uphill for the poor lad from day one.

There's another one .. Jenson Button ..

Mr and Mrs Button consider their newly arrived 8 pounder, smile at each other .......... let's call him ... JENSON !!

What is wrong with parents today .

cheers
jim
itma

Jampot Hardlines

Post by itma »

perhaps their first choice was Fly?
good-hifi

Jampot Hardlines

Post by good-hifi »

Or Belly?

Mick
Don Madden

Jampot Hardlines

Post by Don Madden »

A while back we had a popular song titled: "A boy named Sue".

And Jim, surely those things blatting from our national iconic two-wheelers cannot be called "silincers". In fact, they don't muffle much either. But they do tend to frighten the cats away from the roads, so maybe they have a useful function.

One of my books states that a Matchless was the first motorcycle to be fitted with a silencer, with the result that it was referred to as "The Silent Motorcycle". (This is my connection to AMC in this reply).

Cheers, Don.Edited by - Don Madden on 20 Aug 2006 03:23:26 AM
rex.webb

Jampot Hardlines

Post by rex.webb »

r w webb
rex.webb

Jampot Hardlines

Post by rex.webb »

Now i have your attention here it is??
Just back from France all toil and trouble the Economy!Folk i stay with want to move to England,they have lived here befor,I love France maybe i shoud do an exchange ??
New Jampot arrived yesterday (hard to read date) but i am behind "Hard lines",Keep it up,
r w webb