Confused

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
neil cairns

Confused

Post by neil cairns »

I went to the sections forum, and put a reply under the Summer events, but the system refused to let me add it. It let me write it all out, but then told me my efforts was illegal. Why the hell have a system so you can add comments, then tell you cannot???

The comment was for the Heart of England group, who advertised a visit to Woburn Abbey De Havilland flying day, meet on site. I was the ONLY bike there all day.

NC.
Eric

Confused

Post by Eric »

The Section Forums are a recent introduction they can only be maintained by a nominated representative of the relevant section and this is clearly stated in the text of each separate forum. They are available for all to view (including none members). The nominated person can add, delete, edit all of the items so this enables a section to keep a fully up to date area that can only be changed by that section but available for all to see.

Otherwise there is the Section News forum this can only be accessed by registered members of the Club, but allows any of those to make a posting.The posting cannot be modified or removed by anyone except the original poster or the Webmaster.

Hope this helps.Edited by - Eric on 21 Aug 2006 09:51:52 AM
lawrence

Confused

Post by lawrence »

Hi Neil
I am really sorry you were disappointed yesterday. If you recheck the HoE section you will see I have now added a note to warn future readers to check with me before attending an event to meet us.

You may remember that there were two events advertised for that day, the Woburn Tiger Moth rally and a barbecue at Bob's, on the other side of our area. We often attend the Moth rally. Our resident aero expert Barry usually organises special extras for us on flight expos but had to attend a Private Fliers Association meeting so was unable to take us to Woburn. On his last outing Barry had us being flown around all evening in aerobatic planes and self-builts. Without the possibility of a flight in a moth or some similar treat most members opted for the afternoon at Bob and Lyn's place. It was good fun with a trials course and 'pseudo cricket' and 'pseudo football' games and loads of food and lemonade.

I see you live in Leighton Buzzard so you may well know our aero man as he also lives there. You are very close to Husborne Crawley so why not pop in to meet us all this Thursday evening? You will be made very welcome. I am especially sad that we didn’t get to greet you as you would have been the first person brought to us by the website HoE forum notes. If you come on Thursday I promise to buy you a drink to make up for letting you down.

Best regards

Lawrence
neil cairns

Confused

Post by neil cairns »

It was not too much of a letdown, as I was put amongst the Vintage Sports Car Clubs cars, and my combo attracted lots and lots of attention from their drivers and the public, ( one would think some had never seen one before.) The entry price included a trip around the house, and as I am ex-RAF the DH aircraft interested me a lot.

NC.