New "Summer evening meetings" in North Herts / South Beds

General purpose topics/chat goes in here

Re: New "Summer evening meetings" in North Herts / South Bed

Post by 1608 »

According to AA route planner 78 miles.
Group Leader

Post by Group Leader »

1608 wrote:According to AA route planner 78 miles.
That's a bit far for an evening ride and a pint of shandy!

Alan
1953 AJS 16MS, 1939 BSA 250 and a 1/3 scale Sopwith Triplane but that's another story ..... :lol:
Group Leader

Post by Group Leader »

So I don't clog up the current thread on "How fast is fast" with off-topic stuff I thought I'd bump this old thread of mine.

The "Old Bikes at the Old George" events in Hitchin are currently in full swing every Wednesday from 6:00pm. The definition of old bikes is very loose (basically does it have two wheels and an engine and sometimes that's reduced to does it have an engine). The pub has got a good one way system in place for buying beer and ordering food.

Secondly a few miles up the road in Shillington at the Musgrave Arms the Shillington and District Classic Vehicle Group are meeting up every fortnight (at the moment) on Tuesday evenings from 6:00pm. Previously these meetings have been once a month but this year they are trying to make up for lost time. Primarily a car group we are trying to broaden the horizons with bikes (there have been other agricultural and military vehicles on odd occasions in the past) so it's work in progress but every little helps!

If the weather is fair tomorrow (August 17th) I and two or three mates hope to be there. John (Pharisee) you would be most welcome at either or both (even if it's a long way) and of course anybody else too. If anyone is planning to go on any occasion let me know and I'll try extra hard to turn up too.

Alan
Pub Map.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1953 AJS 16MS, 1939 BSA 250 and a 1/3 scale Sopwith Triplane but that's another story ..... :lol: