Club membership

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
matman

Club membership

Post by matman »

...before HONDA came to life, there was an old Ameri... saying: "Be a man, ride a pan".

Today, you should join the AMC-brother-and-sisterhood - no matter if single or twin, AJS or Matchless. They all are a joy to ride and look at (after?!).

Leave your HONDA in the backyard (battery charged, with some petrol left in the tank), just in case you have to go for spares... or sell your HONDA, and mail-order at the Spares Scheme...

Cheers and lucky riding
jim501

Club membership

Post by jim501 »

quote:

...before HONDA came to life, there was an old Ameri... saying: "Be a man, ride a pan".

Today, you should join the AMC-brother-and-sisterhood - no matter if single or twin, AJS or Matchless. They all are a joy to ride and look at (after?!).

Leave your HONDA in the backyard (battery charged, with some petrol left in the tank), just in case you have to go for spares... or sell your HONDA, and mail-order at the Spares Scheme...

Cheers and lucky riding

Was that Panman played by Dirk Jingly who starred opposite Vanessa Mantlepiece in .. 'Who's is this f.....g dog' ??

Vincent Delgado won an Oscar for 'Best Supporting Actor' for his potrayal of a small herbaceous bedding plant if my memory serves me correctly.

The memory fades. I am old enough to remember Humphrey Mudguard and Catherine Hepworth in .. African Queen ...

Today, you would not get away with that sort of a title.

He was dragging a boat through a swamp and she was filing up a new piston for Phil Read's G50.

These kids, today, jut don't appreciate this stuff.

cheers
jim

Janet

Club membership

Post by Janet »

quote:
So, what is the difference between an AJS and a Matchless ?

cheers
jim

A long time ago when ITMA and Biscuit were young men, AJS and Matchless were two separate companies, so in those days there was a lot of difference. Latterly, many of the models were almost the same apart from badges.
Merlin

Club membership

Post by Merlin »

When they were young men the internal combustion engine had only just been invented
Chemists do it with test tubes
itma

Club membership

Post by itma »

I`m not retired, I`m discarded

I can remember saying to Methusalahs`Father, that son of yours will never make old bones..........
lawrence

Club membership

Post by lawrence »

quote:
I`m not retired, I`m discarded

I can remember saying to Methusalahs`Father, that son of yours will never make old bones..........

Never mind Ken, we love you. (this could be a bad thing)
itma

Club membership

Post by itma »

one at a time please, I`m no longer up for groups
Merlin

Club membership

Post by Merlin »

Bet you say that to all the old girls
Chemists do it with test tubes
itma

Club membership

Post by itma »