Who cares ..

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
jim501

Who cares ..

Post by jim501 »

Rex has had similar stirrings, recently. Good to hear .. don't miss it ..

I have almost completed the purchase of a canal boat which will be rebuilt, with 1/4" plate, into a full size faithful replica of a Type V11C 'U' Boat with four forward torpedo tubes.

I will cruise the Trent and Mersey canal, looking for prey and will, occasionlly, slip under the submarine nets, into Cheshire or Warwickshire.

I will surface in the most unexpected places with the G80S strapped to the focs'le (the front bit)

The most disturbingly exciting Janice will be down below blowing things off, as required and looking after my periscope.

We will dry off the G80, mount the towpath and speed, recklessly, to the nearest pub.

Getting old is OK. Not having done everything you wanted to is a tragedy.

A huge smiley face will be painted on my coffin lid as they slip me into the incinerator.

cheers
jim

itma

Who cares ..

Post by itma »

you`re a regular corff drop you are Jim;
I hope you be making your own coffin? I will, got the plans from a book.
This will enable me to have the last laugh as I`m slipped into the fire to the strains of " I did it my way".... thats the Sex Pistols version, not the mafia midgets one; and concealed inside will be a time delayed tape recorder and speakers with the sounds of me knocking on a lump of wood shouting "OI! whats going on? I suppose you think this is funny"

that`ll sort out any undertakers with high blood pressure
Edited by - itma on 05 Oct 2006 1:32:17 PM
good-hifi

Who cares ..

Post by good-hifi »

Blimey, will I get some of the pills you two are on when I get a bit older?....
Mick
paul knapp

Who cares ..

Post by paul knapp »

I'm finding it hard to believe that i've just read all that!!................
talk about... "a few kangaroos short in the top paddock!".........I,ll have to print it off, cos the mates down 'ere wouldn't believe me otherwise................strewth!.
___“As a hobby for the technically minded, motorcycling provides great scope.”

J.B.Nicholson

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!

jim501

Who cares ..

Post by jim501 »

quote:
Blimey, will I get some of the pills you two are on when I get a bit older?....

I shall be buried at sea .. well, the Trent and Mersey Canal ..

Hordes of wellwishers and badly dressed, unrememberable people who I might have once known but really just came along for the free buffet will wish me well as U97 is set ablaze, cast off and disappears in the general direction of Manchester.

My son will officiate .. he doesn't care, either !!

Janice will sob, uncontrollably. Tomorrow, U97 will get a paragraph in the evening paper as a 'hazard to navigation'

It will reappear thanks to global recycling as a tin of Heinz Ravioli three weeks later.

cheers
jim
itma

Who cares ..

Post by itma »

Only the loonies and somewhat afflicted remaining here Paul, the loonies are still in charge tho`.
Think yourself lucky suffering down there in the sun, we old un`s have a fuel allowance for the coming winter to look forward to.
Incidentally someone just sent me a recent speech by your PM [bet you can guess which one] any chance we could borrow him for a few years straight talking?
good-hifi

Who cares ..

Post by good-hifi »

Today I have jeans on for the first time since the first day of May. That is when I always put shorts on and won't wear anything other than shorts till it gets chilly.

It is chilly today!!!

I'm off to Malaysia in two days, I'll be thinking of you drifting aimlessly in that murky canal while I'm snorkelling in crystal clear waters...NOT...

Cheers
Mick
RogerJ

Who cares ..

Post by RogerJ »

quote: The most disturbingly exciting Janice will be down below blowing things off, as required and looking after my periscope.

Are you allowed to say that before the watershed?
paul knapp

Who cares ..

Post by paul knapp »

quote: The most disturbingly exciting Janice will be down below blowing things off, as required and looking after my periscope.
Boggles the mind that!!.........say,.....you don't need a 'second mate' .....or even a deck hand, "down below", do ya??....I've got me own 'periscope' that could do with a little "lookin after".
ITMA could bring along his musical coffin,.... an' we could all have a 'ball'!...
Pablo.
___“As a hobby for the technically minded, motorcycling provides great scope.”

J.B.Nicholson

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!

rex.webb

Who cares ..

Post by rex.webb »

Jim!! O JIM !! Look out there may be more to this Boating than you think ? I remember when in the "Noth Sea" it was so ROUGH even i was SEA SICK !. That trip from Hamberg to Harwich will stay in my memory for ever.If you have no Satalite Navigation you could find yourself on this Route ?. Heaven Forbid that you meet a German fishing boat ?? The head lines in all the papers "Prime minister Blair" summoned to the German embassy." Gun touting OLD! Boating man Arrested at sea ".
German fishing Fleet invade English Waterways searching for Hostile Canal Boats.
All locks have been Secured to Stop the passage of any Boats. German cod and haddock prices escalate to new HIGH!English Potatoes sales to German Fish and Chip shops Banned.O dear this could escilate to the Car industry,think of it "MINI" being built by "BMW"!
What a Thought.Must go and finish rebuilding my "NSU Quockly ".Befor spares Export,s are Banned.
r w webb