Prop/Side stand differences

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
SPRIDDLER

Re: Prop/Side stand differences

Post by SPRIDDLER »

56G80S wrote:Knut

Thanks for the pic. I think I will get a similar loop welded onto the prop stand / sidestand for my G80S. It should make it easier to find when on the machine as it is not always easy at all!

What are the "loop" dimensions if it's easy to get them.

Cheers

Johnny B
I drilled the foot, bent and fitted a bolt, cut off the head then later got a pal to do a little weld on mine.
Prop stand 2016-04-20 002 (480x360).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
mdt-son

Post by mdt-son »

Here is another prop stand seen on eBay. The casting is tagged 014714. As depicted the bar is welded in longitudinal fashion and the weld looks genuine. Even though the bar may be bent I can't see how this one helps in the flip-up position.

- Knut
014717 prop stand.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

No such number as 014717 for a prop stand. Since 1950 all AMC prop stands for Singles are 014715 for Twins with twin pipes 014719 and finally for the G3C trials it was 023224 and those numbers were used right up to the end of production. So to save all the heartache searching for something that doesn't exist I'd go looking for the true issue for a bike that leans too far, a twisted frame rail by the stand boss or a worn pivot hole and bolt.
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Thanks Knut

An extension bar is easily sorted :beer:

Rob - Do you have a side stand fitted to your G15CSR and if so, has it been bent to clear the exhaust as per the photo of MAT750D in the gallery?
Prop Stand.png
Regards Mick
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

I have one fitted along with one of my centre stands with the lever arm fitted snugly around the pipe and just below the folding peg. I'll send you some pictures by e-mail.
mdt-son

Post by mdt-son »

ajscomboman wrote:No such number as 014717 for a prop stand.
Typing error, Rob. :oops: I am not sure if the stand depicted qualifies as a 014715 or a 014719. :P

-Knut