Online ordering for spare parts

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Chazzyb

Post by Chazzyb »

quote:
One in the pipeline though as I have to fettle the G9 up a bit for the trip to the Jampot.

I didn't get to talk to you last night Des. How's your new Notrun? You'd better get a move on with the G9 - lots of stuff coming up besides the International. Have you thought about the John Bull as a warm-up?
Charles
woster

Post by woster »

Iplaced a order with no problems, but there is no eay to pay or indicate how I wish to pay, is this stuf now free!
Eamonn
Webmaster

Post by Eamonn »

quote:
Iplaced a order with no problems, but there is no eay to pay or indicate how I wish to pay, is this stuf now free!

Hello Winton, you haven't actually placed an order as far as I can see. I'm guessing you put the items into your shopping basket, but never went to the check out option?

When you do choose the check out option, you then indicate how you wish to pay, by card or by cheque. If you choose cheque, you have to post your cheque with a printed copy of your order in to the spares office. Orders paid by card are dealt with by the spares office as soon as they are received.

Corners like a Lego man
MBM

Post by MBM »

I have placed two orders from Canada useing a Mac computer and Safari browser, only problem, something happened on the first order, my order vanished and I had to repeat the order - however, the order did go through unbeknown to me. Tha club cancelled that order and the second one went perfectly. I found that it pays to use the search function for the parts numbers you want and go from there, very quick indeed.
There is room for improvement, I would like to see a better description of parts and a picture would be great, however, it is early days yet and overall I think it is just great.
Cheers,
Mike
Eamonn
Webmaster

Post by Eamonn »

Hello Michael (MBM), some of the parts on your first order were out of stock and rather than adjusting the order quantities, the spares office cancelled and re-entered your order. The staff have since been advised on how to process online orders where there is an item that is out of stock.

The description of parts will improve over time, the previous system had a limited space for the full description, the new one has much more but with nearly 2000 items to deal with it may take a while!
Equally photographing 2000 items and then uploading the pictures and linking to the correct part will also take a while. Some pictures have been taken and are in the process of being uploaded, but don't hold your breath!
If you allocated just 5 minutes to get a part from the store, line it up for a photo, take the photo, download the image, resize the image, rename it to match the part number, upload to the website (and 5 minutes would be working hard to do that lot!) - 2000 items will take 10,000 mins which is approx 167 hours work, i.e. over 4 weeks for one person.

As you say it is early days, and any comment / feedback is useful in improving the system to work in the way best suited to both you and the club.

Corners like a Lego man
needlongerlegs

Post by needlongerlegs »

Eamonn, Your on the right track, just done a run through using Vista Ultima, IE7 etc all fine,

Its a steep learning curve for all involved,

Pictures really would be great but a mountain to climb,

Perhapes a potography party at kettering to brake the back of it.

All the best Graham
Born to be Mild
MBM

Post by MBM »

Thanks Eamonn, very much appreciated! I certainly wasn't complaining, just offering suggestions. I think it is working very well indeed and will make ordering parts much easier.
I would just like to thank Dave, Jim and yourself for the help I have received for my first British restoration in many, many years.
Cheers,
Mike
Don Madden

Post by Don Madden »

I just placed my first online order. I had difficulty logging on, but Eamonn got me sorted out.

Thanks, Eamonn. Cheers, Don.
RogerJ

Post by RogerJ »

Ordered online Friday lunchtime, parts arrived Saturday morning.

What excellent service, well done to all.

Roger
laxy

Post by laxy »

I thought I would try the on line method of ordering spares for my 55 350 ajay.
I need new crankcase studs and nuts but when searching for them by their part no. they are not listed on the site.
Does this mean they are out of stock or not avaliable from the club and how do I know?
I also need a timing side flwheel axle for the same bike.Part no.021247. The axle shown on the website is discribed as part no 000760 timing side axle heavy weight singles.From its picture it looks nothing like the part I need.