CP gearbox 1948

Information relating to the Matchless G80 or AJS Model 18 500cc Heavyweight.
g80csp11

CP gearbox 1948

Post by g80csp11 »

1948 GP gearbox (Matchless). Im having problems identifying the bushes that appear to be fitted on the 1st and 2nd gears on the layshaft . my parts manual does not show bushes on these gears and other CP boxes on my 46 have a larger shaft diameter and no bushes . the military workbook talks about bushes

Any idea what year has bushes on the lay-shaft gears ?

Im building up the gearbox as a swap for my 1946 G80 tha'ts has developed a vibration under lead , that so far ive not traced the fault
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Matchbox Kid

Re: CP gearbox 1948

Post by Matchbox Kid »

This is for CP boxes from the Draganfly site, obviously the part numbers don't match ours but they do show all the bushes and at a pinch you could get them from there.

https://draganfly.co.uk/product-categor ... a-gearbox/

I tried to insert the image off their site but I couldn't do it
g80csp11

Post by g80csp11 »

I was aware of this dragonfly site , but I cant see any year that has bushes on the 1st and 2nd gear ( layshaft ) , unless you have spotted them !
Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Hi Peter, I've always believed that the bushes came in at the same time as the gearboxes went from grease to oil, I also think they are integral to the layshaft and not listed as available separately, at least I never seen them listed.
g80csp11

Post by g80csp11 »

now i look at part numbers more layshaft 30-c-11 must be layshaft bushed , in fact the spare list says that
Odd that Les at Russell's didnt think so , but I was asking for bushes for the gears and not on a layshaft
I will see him on Saturday and bottom it out and see if he has one

If i cant get one i can fit the older style layshaft and gears in the 48 box

For now , im taking the box out my 46 . I used to do this kind of thing at the side of the road or at a rally but now days it appears more difficult
nearly got it in bits !
burman cp .jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.