Engineering companies

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Stephen Southwell

Engineering companies

Post by Stephen Southwell »

Hi everyone I'm in the process of rebuilding ajs 16ms engine (1958) I'm in Southampton so looking for recommendations for engineering companies in Hampshire for crank rebuild and reboring barrel
Thanks
ajscomboman

Re: Engineering companies

Post by ajscomboman »

I'm 10mins up the road in Bitterne, I use Owslebury Crankshaft Engineering in Winchester for boring and crank assembly work.
Stephen Southwell

Post by Stephen Southwell »

Thanks ajscoboman,I'll give them a call and see what they can do for me, I'm your side of the water to, Woolston
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Stephen Southwell wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:55 pm Thanks ajscoboman,I'll give them a call and see what they can do for me, I'm your side of the water to, Woolston
Just don't expect a fast turnaround, John and his guys are always busy. Last job I took in was 3mths but worth the wait as I now have refurbished twin conrods.
mdt-son

Post by mdt-son »

I am looking for a company or maybe a retired machinist? who can do small batch orders for stanless fasteners, especially AMC parts.
Enquiries to Middleton & Son and ACME Stainless were fruitless (ACME doesn't even botter replying, despite me offering a CAD drawing.)
Motalia has horrible prices for shipping out of the UK and doesn't do custom orders. MPL is a possibility, but I can't imagine he will do custom orders.
Any recommendations? Maybe a retired member running a small business?

- Knut