46 Fuel Tank

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Dungie62

Re: 46 Fuel Tank

Post by Dungie62 »

Thanks Steve two pack it will be. Just went down to the shed. My frame which I only assume is a 51 as that was the engine that came with it. My front tank mount is 5 inch centre to centre but the lugs are at right angles to the frame tube not swept backwards as yours appear to be. The rear mount is 6 1/4 inch centre to centre and the lugs are swept slightly forward and yours appear to be swept rearwards about the same angle. Centre of the rear mount to centre of the front mount is 16 inch. I fear this only adds to the confusion mate. The number on my frame is 71784. I have not checked what year this matches up as and only assume its a 51. I am sure someone on here will know.
Steve64

Post by Steve64 »

G'day mate , you will not be disappointed with the result with the 2pack, thanks for your efforts with the measurements they all count and go into the file for others to use if I can't. I hope all goes well with the restoration.
Cheers mate, Steve
Steve64

Post by Steve64 »

Thank you Clive for your reply, that was another thing I didn't know, it seems like a bit of a bitsa tank, never mind I'll keep looking.
Cheers mate, Steve.