spares scheme

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Harry44

spares scheme

Post by Harry44 »

Thank you.

I ordered some parts yesterday lunch time.

They arrived today at lunch time.

Brilliant service once again thanks :D

Harry
si is does non opportunus vos postulo a maior pango
EddieDay

Re: spares scheme

Post by EddieDay »

Agree Harry. It is a very fast service.
Brian 54G80S

Post by Brian 54G80S »

I recently ordered a lot of Jampot parts online and they arrived in Brisbane, Australia within 7 days from order. Great service!
I was concerned to read in the recent AMOC Meeting minutes that the parts business runs at a loss and discussions are underway regarding potentially outsourcing the business. Would be a real shame in my opinion and I hope it doesnt happen.
No one other than AMOC is going to be as concerned about ensuring parts are being stocked and new items developed to ensure the AJS/Matchless machines can be restored and maintained well into the future.
bigwol

Post by bigwol »

Brian 54G80S wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:12 am I recently ordered a lot of Jampot parts online and they arrived in Brisbane, Australia within 7 days from order. Great service!
I was concerned to read in the recent AMOC Meeting minutes that the parts business runs at a loss and discussions are underway regarding potentially outsourcing the business. Would be a real shame in my opinion and I hope it doesnt happen.
No one other than AMOC is going to be as concerned about ensuring parts are being stocked and new items developed to ensure the AJS/Matchless machines can be restored and maintained well into the future.
Brian, that is one of the elements of any possible future deal regarding the spares scheme. The committee would only consider entering into a partnership or agreement for an outside party to manage and operate the spares scheme with certain assurances in place regarding the future of spares availability, manufacture, development and quality control as integral elements. Unfortunately the spares scheme is unsustainable in the long term in it's current form and rest assured that difficult decisions are being considered in the best interests of the membership.
It's all just riding motorbikes
EddieDay

Post by EddieDay »

I am wondering how big a subsidy would be required to keep the spares scheme in operation. I guess the biggest outgoing is staff (Andy's) salary. Are there any other big items of expenditure?
I would be happy to brainstorm possible solutions.
Eddie
Groily

Post by Groily »

Minutes of the Committee Meeting of 18 Feb were posted on here by John Jarrett in March. They shed useful light on matters and show that plans are afoot and seemingly quite advanced. For me, the Committee's efforts on our collective behalf dispel some of the concern I felt when I saw Steve Randall's comment in the March Jampot.
See: viewtopic.php?t=30724 and the associated pdf.

Minutes can be deathly dull and boring - but sometimes they're worth a read . . . 57 people had downloaded them when i just looked for JJ's post.