Pattern Spares from India

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
bjork

Post by bjork »

Not long ago, Biscuit told us about spares he had seen made by a firm called 'TINKU'.
Well, now you can buy direct! they are opening a branch in the West Mids, and have a website for it too. I have been trying to open it for 10 minutes now. Nice arty picture of some bollywood type dancers getting all excited over what I think is an American Indian motocycle.
I still don't think Biscuit will be impressed though, their magazine advert says they sell shocks! maybe they mean shocking goods?
They reckon to have been supplying the UK trade for over 4 decades, so now you know where all that autojumble 'NOS' has been coming from.
Still, there might be some good stuff there, 15 mins and the website is still only 38% downloaded-I'll let you know, I may be some time....
Using yesterdays technology to create tomorrows problems today
TommoT

Post by TommoT »

...you left out one very important bit, the web address but maybe that was on purpose to have it all for yourself
TommoT

Ride Your Motorcycle As If Your Life Depended On It - Cos' It Does!
lawrence

Post by lawrence »

According to Google..........

Tinku is a form of ritual conflict
bjork

Post by bjork »

Tommo, the omission was deliberate, but not due to my greed! I don't want to be thought of as recommending them in case they turn out to be all as bad as Alan's headlamp experience!
Ritual conflict might also be a better description of what I took to be Bollywood dancers too.
The website never did open up, so I am not any better informed than before.
Maybe brit-biker can give us a local perspective on this firm?
Circlip

Post by Circlip »

There are a lot of parts made in the East. I believe Thailand has many manufacturers of parts. Everytime you go to buy spares for a car or bike they say" you want original or copy. It doesnt seem to matter what the part is.

I always use the copy. The reason being the girls in the shop ( always girls in parts shops) show you both the parts. As I cant tell the difference and neither can she,-- the parts are carefully kept seperate as I inspect them.

There are occasions when I think the copy is better. Oil filters for instance,--I have cut them open and looked at the internals.
I dont know about Indian parts but the Thai stuff is pretty damn good. The difference may be that in India the original part is not available anyway.
I have carefully left out any manufacturers names or web links as I feel you should buy the original part. Even though you may be desperate -- the box may look a bit iffy.
TommoT

Post by TommoT »

quote:
Tommo, the omission was deliberate, but not due to my greed! I don't want to be thought of as recommending them in case they turn out to be all as bad as Alan's headlamp experience!
Ritual conflict might also be a better description of what I took to be Bollywood dancers too.
The website never did open up, so I am not any better informed than before....

...point taken Steve, I didn't actually plan on odering spares from India unless in deep trouble. The few items I have tried, have not lived up to nowhere near original standard. But maybe they will smarten up like the Japanese did, and stop just copying others and start doing their own stuff.

In Denmark people are getting very excited about the prospects of an Indian mini car, that allegedly will sell at about a third of the price of European and Japanese makes. But already the NCAP crash test seems to be an obstacle, and nobody knows anything about general quality or service requirements.
TommoT

Ride Your Motorcycle As If Your Life Depended On It - Cos' It Does!
crawsue

Post by crawsue »

This was shown on BBC news a week or so ago,I can understand that in a developing country with loads of up and coming punters and loads of space that this car would be a big hit...not unlike the introduction of the "Mini" here ,which probably had as big an effect on 'bike sales as the Japanese had at the time.....but having seen it on TV I wouldn't want to be in a crash in one
Hard work never killed anyone.....but why take the risk?
itma

Post by itma »

The trouble is that as we are in "rip off britain" the price that it was being propose to sell it at here was very little less than the norm for a small car,
Well you wouldn't want to upset Ford etc would you?
Best thing about it was if you put curry inthe tank it made it run faster.....but with a hot exhaust
crawsue

Post by crawsue »

Rip off Britain...how very dare you.Just as long as our politicians can put their kids through uni' without having to stick their hands in their pockets....don't get me started.
Hard work never killed anyone.....but why take the risk?
bjork

Post by bjork »

and I won't hear a word said against our wonderful MP's crawsue! (I dunno, hint of devolution and they think freedom of speech comes with it!) I have just applied for a post as a research assistant, appears these guys are so generous they will pay you for doing nowt perfect for me. Now if that isn't looking after the workers I don't know what is

Land of hope and glory,
expense accounts for me,
keep it in the famleee,
the plebs can pay for me,

Aaall-together now.....