12 volt conversion for 63 650 csr

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
crawsue

Post by crawsue »

Alan,we wouldn't be having this exchange if the FAQ section (which I support wholeheartedly)was a closed strand......newcomers to the site and whole internet business (and there are many)would then navigate in other directions,rather than have their introduction to this fine site sullied by our constant nit-picking.I agree that the "Sticky" explains all this,but blocking the strand is a far friendlier and easier option.....in my view.....unless of course we find it more appropriate to welcome "newbies" with a smack.
Hard work never killed anyone.....but why take the risk?
lawrence

Post by lawrence »

Hi Neil

Welcome to the forum. you will find it a mine of info and help. The answer to your query is on the site already but there will also be lots of knowledgeable and friendly people ready to help you as well. I rewired my twin to 12v using info from this site. But...........

Can you repost this question in the 'Help' section and then delete this topic from here. It is not supposed to be here.

Look forward to seeing more of you on site!

Good luck with your twin. I hope it gives you as much pleasure as mine. Stick with us and all your troubles will be sorted

Neil

Post by Neil »

Thank you to those who gave a constructive comment and my apologies to those who found my first attempt to use your website offensive. Crawsue was right, I have considered myself smacked!
Eamonn
Webmaster

Post by Eamonn »

This topic has been moved from the FAQ area to the Help area.
Corners like a Lego man
Circlip

Post by Circlip »

What would be a suitable FAQ? what do you mean by a frequenty asked question, if FAQ means frequently asked question.

Should'nt Help be technical assistance.

I may need help in repairing my bike but I also might need help in how to ask a question, or help in using the forum.

Im not trying to start trouble but I mentioned this some time back because I dont understand it either.

deshollier
Deceased

Post by deshollier »

Circlip, probably the most famous of all the frequent questions is monograde or multigrade! The idea is, before asking any question see if it has already been asked before by taking a look at the FAQ section of the forum - if it has, you will likely find the answer you need there and then. Apart from the monograde/multigrade one of course - because for that one you will get both answers in equal measure!
Eamonn
Webmaster

Post by Eamonn »

quote:
What would be a suitable FAQ? what do you mean by a frequenty asked question, if FAQ means frequently asked question.

I want the FAQ forum area to become a library index of the related topics within the main help area. So people can first check the FAQ area for advice that may have been discussed in the past, then if they don't find what they want, they post a question in the 'Help' area.

Any new questions in the Help area will eventually have their own index in the FAQ if they prove to be 'Frequently asked' - if only asked once they won't get an entry.

The FAQ area is merely a 'short-hand' way of running pre-defined searches on the forum - hopefully to give new website users an easy path to get hold of the information.

Corners like a Lego man