insurance..?

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
AJS650

insurance..?

Post by AJS650 »

can anyone steer us in the right direction to insure our bike to use on the road ? the problem is, i (anne) have not passed my bike test, my partner (kev) has passed his bike test, the bike is owned by (anne) & we cant register the owner as (kev). we need show cover & the ability to ride it to shows, instead of trailering all the timeEdited by - A Moderator on 02 Mar 2008 11:37:08 PM
Sometimes,, the shed is locked and Kev has the key :-(
itma

insurance..?

Post by itma »

why can't you register the bike as belonging to Kev?
Is he barred from owning an AJS?
Edited by - A Moderator on 03 Mar 2008 09:43:55 AM
paul knapp

insurance..?

Post by paul knapp »

Why can't you tell the insurance company that you are the owner, but somebody else is the rider?
Surely Kev can be the nominated rider if the insurance people want to know!
Doesn't somebody else own the ambulance that you drive?

Cheers,
Paul
___“As a hobby for the technically minded, motorcycling provides great scope.”

J.B.Nicholson

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!

crawsue

insurance..?

Post by crawsue »

I notice from your contact info' that you have another 'bike,is it insured? Can you not add this 'bike and make it a multi policy with two named riders?
Hard work never killed anyone.....but why take the risk?
AJS650

insurance..?

Post by AJS650 »

quote:
why can't you register the bike as belonging to Kev?
Is he barred from owning an AJS?
Edited by - A Moderator on 03 Mar 2008 09:43:55 AM
kev ain`t barred from owning an ajs, my dad left me the bike in his will and it only seems right that she belongs to me. he looks real good in leather so i want him on the front....
AJS650

insurance..?

Post by AJS650 »

quote:
Why can't you tell the insurance company that you are the owner, but somebody else is the rider?
Surely Kev can be the nominated rider if the insurance people want to know!
Doesn't somebody else own the ambulance that you drive?

Cheers,
Paul
tried telling insurance firm that i`m just the owner and kev only wants to take ajs out for a spin every now and then... we need insurance for min.amount of mileage...they say we are not a couple even though we live in same house cos we haven`t been together for more than 5 years.the insurance company will only insure if i have passed my bike test and i`m afraid that ain`t possible.... ambulances are glorified vans...
AJS650

insurance..?

Post by AJS650 »

quote:
I notice from your contact info' that you have another 'bike,is it insured? Can you not add this 'bike and make it a multi policy with two named riders?
the other ajs is not insured either but kev has a "sports" bike ( i know i won`t swear again) but insurance firm won`t "piggy back" it cos ajs don`t belong to him
g80csp11

insurance..?

Post by g80csp11 »

The registered keeper does not have to be the owner of the bike . so the bike can still belong to you but be kept by Kev

It also means if he gets a speeding ticket then it's sent to him and not you
AJS650

insurance..?

Post by AJS650 »

quote:
The registered keeper does not have to be the owner of the bike . so the bike can still belong to you but be kept by Kev

It also means if he gets a speeding ticket then it's sent to him and not you
carole nash don`t think so...surely there are loads of owners out there that don`t acually ride but need the insurance.. i`m a bit miffed that we are not classed as a couple...he pays half the bills, buys petrol,cooks tea and hoovers what more does he need to do to be my other half?
Janet

insurance..?

Post by Janet »

quote: surely there are loads of owners out there that don`t acually ride but need the insurance.. There are but they usually insure the bikes for fire and theft and third party risks in case they get stolen or injure someone. Many events require public liability insurance up tp £2 million whether you ride or trailer the bike there.quote: i`m a bit miffed that we are not classed as a couple...he pays half the bills, buys petrol,cooks tea and hooversSo could a lodger or someone who had only lived with you a few weeks. See their thinking? There are dishonest people around who would claim to be a couple if it gave them an advantage.
quote: what more does he need to do to be my other half?
Marry you. quote: if i have passed my bike test and i`m afraid that ain`t possible.... Why not? If you are able to drive an ambulance it is unlikely that you have a disability so severe as to prevent you riding a motorcycle.

quote: ambulances are glorified vans...True, but Paul's point is still correct in the same way that police motorcycles are owned by the Police Authority and the Chief Constable is the registered keeper, but they're ridden by PC McGarry.