Health and Safety corner

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
SPRIDDLER

Health and Safety corner

Post by SPRIDDLER »

quote:
with the latest Lidl special, I have had to use ear plugs;

I'm very happy with my Lidl £19.99 open face - I can't bear the claustrophobia of a full face either - but I'm glad of the wind noise as it is one of the few things which mask my constant tinnitus. Similarly when I go up the local river I always fish beside the rushing weir.
Night-times I tune my bedside F.M. radio to a suitable hiss in between stations, although it's much more fun to ride the bike or go fishing.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
TommoT

Health and Safety corner

Post by TommoT »

The Cromwell Jet I'm wearing is quiet too, but it's a little tight around the ears, guess my head doesn't conform to normal standards.

The Nolan Classic full face that I use in the cold months is much noisier, letting mechanical noises through as well, but of course warmer below zero
TommoT

Ride Your Motorcycle As If Your Life Depended On It - Cos' It Does!
crawsue

Health and Safety corner

Post by crawsue »

Last year I talked myself into beleiving that I needed to replace my full-face "Shark" (£159)which was about 4 years old.I "NEEDED" to get an Arai (£399)the one with the Scottish Saltire design,it is a good fit and obviously well put together,but the quick release visor mechanism is very "fiddly"compared to the Shark...and it is considerably more noisy.What price being a fashion victim? BTW,following on from Ken's comments I never wear full face on the G80..just feels wrong ,somehow....but always wear ear plugs when on the rocket ship with the full face,there is of course a wee bit of a difference in cruising speedsofficer.Bye the bye,why is it that this posting covers more than the width of my screen,when other current postings are "regular" sized.It was the same with "Fishy's" original and monumental posting?Edited by - crawsue on 12 Aug 2008 3:22:08 PM
Hard work never killed anyone.....but why take the risk?
itma

Health and Safety corner

Post by itma »

Its the damp weather Crawsue, makes it swell up.
silverarrow

Health and Safety corner

Post by silverarrow »

Open faced helmets are ok until you go face down the tarmac as I did at the recent Jampot Rally in Corwall (by100yds!) That's 100 yds in Cornwall not down the tarmac!

You makes your choice but i for one have and will be a 100% full face user when motorcycling.

Les Smith
Keep smiling
lawrence

Health and Safety corner

Post by lawrence »

quote:
why is it that this posting covers more than the width of my screen,when other current postings are "regular" sized.

Because posters do not use the 'insert hyperlink' facility but put in the full web address. GSAX1!
mick williams

Health and Safety corner

Post by mick williams »

Hi Lawrence

Thanks for that usefull bit of information. But I have no idea what you are talking about!

Mine is still it's regular size
RIDE FREE AND STAY UPRIGHT
lawrence

Health and Safety corner

Post by lawrence »

quote:
I have no idea what you are talking about!

If you want to post a link to an external website do not simply copy the web address (as GSAX1 has done) and post it into your reply. It puts the Jampot website page settings out. The correct way to do it is to click on the little world/paperclip symbol and follow the instructions. It is easy. Then you have something like this TOTAL BABES!
instead of http://www.ajs-matchless.com/heartofeng ... 3girls.htm

It must be simple, as I had no idea about it a year ago and now even I can work it!
GSAX1

Health and Safety corner

Post by GSAX1 »

Lawrence, I have corrected my posting now. I just want to add that some (most?) browsers can wrap these long lines nicely. It depends on settings and version.

Michael
mick williams

Health and Safety corner

Post by mick williams »

Thanks for the clarification Lawrence. I may be younger than many of the posters here but I'm still a bit of a philistine where computers are concerned.

For some reason my Father in law who is in his 70's always rings me when he has problems with his computer in the mistaken belief that I know more than he does!

I worked for a large company a few years ago that had a dedicated IT helpline. These guys had degrees in computer science and stuff coming out of there ears. Whenever I had a problem and rang them I always seemed to get the same reply.

"Turn the computer off (or shut it down correctly) wait about 30 secs and switch it back on again"

Crazy thing is it worked 95% of the time
RIDE FREE AND STAY UPRIGHT