Blame the Fishmonger!!

Post by lawrence »

quote:
and I think fishy is an welcome addition to the forum,

Yep, good chap!
paul knapp

Blame the Fishmonger!!

Post by paul knapp »

For a bloke with a self confessed 'complete lack ' of mechanical knowledge, I recon Fishy has come a long way in a relatively short time. He has apparently digested, dissected and understood everything that was suggested to him to do re his relentless questions,...................... and he just got on with it!....with apparent well deserved success.
Well done Richard

I only wish I could get to understand this bloody computer as you have your motorcycle.

Paul
___“As a hobby for the technically minded, motorcycling provides great scope.”

J.B.Nicholson

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!

fishsponge

Blame the Fishmonger!!

Post by fishsponge »

well if you have any specific questions about your computer, let me know... i do know a thing or two about those too! Edited by - fishsponge on 23 Aug 2008 5:49:27 PM
><> fishsponge <><

Take a look at my 1966 Matchless G3! :-)
mick williams

Blame the Fishmonger!!

Post by mick williams »

Hi all

Sprid :- My roof's still leaking! (only in a different place and not where the bikes are!)

Ken and Paul :- I agree with you both 100%. With new young blood like Fishy the club will continue to thrive in the future. As for computers. I recently had to learn how to mailmerge (mail what !?) at work. The chap who came in to train us finished with everyone else with a few clicks of the mouse and a word or two of explaination. He spent the rest of the day with me. I still have'nt got a clue!

Just a suggestion but how about putting the Archives in the links on the site.

I would do it myself if I knew how!

At least I know how to make text move now.
RIDE FREE AND STAY UPRIGHT
itma

Blame the Fishmonger!!

Post by itma »

I think we should have a computer section, managed by fishy.
question 1
Why did it do that?
crawsue

Blame the Fishmonger!!

Post by crawsue »

Why did it do what? £$%^&*(&^%$£)(!¬)_+(*&^%$$£"""!£$%%^&*(( %---- oh 5HIT ,someones been mucking about with this damn computer again....
Hard work never killed anyone.....but why take the risk?
Don Madden

Blame the Fishmonger!!

Post by Don Madden »

I see no problem with a link to Christian's Wonderful Archives but be sensitive that it is a product of a different group, older than the Jampot forum. The laws of distributing intellectual property apply.

As I am one of many contributors of the archives, both direct & indirect, & with a foot in each camp, I feel comfortable in speaking for both.

Some in the other camp are or have been separate from the AJSMOC by choice & wish to stay that way. Some were outraged by the spares scheme being blocked, thankfully temporarily, by the insurance problem in the past. This problem was not the fault of The Club, but some suffered from withdrawal symptoms non the less.

Do seek info in the archives, but do not share for profit & give support to Christian, who maintains files & equipment voluntarilly.

Cheers, Don.
Merlin

Blame the Fishmonger!!

Post by Merlin »

Wells said Don as one who's lack of knowledge will certainly preclude making any contributions but thank God there are people like yourself and many others prepared to give time and sometimes at their cost information for free.
Chemists do it with test tubes
mick williams

Blame the Fishmonger!!

Post by mick williams »

Thanks Don. I was not aware of all the implications surrounding my suggestion regarding this site linking to the jampot archives (Or should I say 'Christian's Wonderful Archives'), so best to leave things as they are.

I do not know how I would have managed without the use of the old manuals and parts lists.

RIDE FREE AND STAY UPRIGHT
lawrence

Blame the Fishmonger!!

Post by lawrence »

quote:
£$%^&*(&^%$£)(!¬)_+(*&^%$$£"""!£$%%^&*(( %----

computer for "are we nearly there yet"?