Post by orbinrangle »

Because it's difficult to do on screen.
R J Rawle
Janet

our kitchen

Post by Janet »

quote:
we,ve had poetry why not knitting?
We've had all sorts of topics, but most people confine the general chit chat to the general chit chat forum and leave this place to the sensible motorcycle related technical questions and answers. That's why I rarely venture in here.

Now I could raise it to a suitable subject by saying that our kitchen is big enough to place my G80 frame upside down so the ends of the rod thingys in the fork-legs drop out of the yokes, allowing me to fit the nuts on. I had tried fastening them up sticking out the ends before fitting the forks but I didn't have much success. Naturally, our kitchen was big enough to turn the frame the right way up so I could carry it back into the hallway where I am rebuilding it.

My motorcycle related sensible technical question is how do other people manage to keep their rod thingys from falling down where they can't get at them, whilst managing to fit the legs?

Stan Palmer

our kitchen

Post by Stan Palmer »

Let the rods drop, the lock-nuts should still be on them, and then fish them up when required with a bit of green fencing wire bent to a little flat hook on the end.
Eamonn
Webmaster

our kitchen

Post by Eamonn »

quote:
....most people confine the general chit chat to the general chit chat forum .......

This entry was in 'Help section' now in 'General Topics'
Corners like a Lego man
AJS650

our kitchen

Post by AJS650 »

quote:
[quote]
....most people confine the general chit chat to the general chit chat forum .......

This entry was in 'Help section' now in 'General Topics'
So kev wasn`t upset with my diy but has strongly suggested that today i sand and paint the walls, he will buy plaster at the week end and it will be fine..... now the rest of those tiles...........Edited by - AJS650 on 10 Feb 2009 10:00:13 AM
Sometimes,, the shed is locked and Kev has the key :-(
Youngster

our kitchen

Post by Youngster »

Janet,

A tip i heard was to use a pushrod to fish the damper rod up from inside the fork leg.

The downside of this is you need to take the engine apart if you dont have a spare one!

I know this isnt entirely on topic but i have mentioned fish - you can cook those.

Too many bikes, So little time!!
AJS650

our kitchen

Post by AJS650 »

and people worry about me.......
AJS650

our kitchen

Post by AJS650 »

funny.... i send a pic of said kitchen to kev so he knows what i`m upto while he`s eating his lunch.......and he sends a txt back saying "make a coffee, watch loose women on telly and STOP... PLEASE" whats that all about?
Janet

our kitchen

Post by Janet »

quote:
Let the rods drop, the lock-nuts should still be on them, and then fish them up when required with a bit of green fencing wire bent to a little flat hook on the end.
ve tried that a few times but the darned things kept slipping off the hook just as I thought I'd caught them. Blooming men, eh?
Don Madden

our kitchen

Post by Don Madden »

I have one of those long flexible grasping tools that I insert into the top & grab the rod. A magnetic fishing tool will work, too, but tries to stick to the tubes.

Cheers, Don.