Bars

Information relating to the Matchless G3 or AJS Model 16 350cc Heavyweight
Alby

Bars

Post by Alby »

Can anyone tell me where I can source some 1 inch handle bars and a horn for my 1944 G3L.
Thanks
Alby
robf1961

Bars

Post by robf1961 »

Try Jampot or AMC Classic spares first.
If they can't help you could try Bantam Johns aka Sheffield British Motorcycles. 01246 290021
I've had quite a lot of stuff from him for various bikes as he's on my doorstep... but make sure he knows exactly what you're after. Sometimes you end up with something that's 'nearly right' but not quite.

For most AMC stuff I'd stick with Jampot Spares but BJ's good for general stuff like bars though...I got some US spec for another make (not to be mentioned here) for much less than TMS or Wilemans.

stevie

Bars

Post by stevie »

Hi,
AMC are great for s/hand stuff but I'm sure I've seen a nice repro horn there. Give Steve or Tony a ring. Or did you mean horn switch?
Jampot always 1st choice for new, though.
In case no-one has said so yet, welcome!
Steve
If a man speaks in the forest and his wife is not there to hear him is he still wrong?
itma

Bars

Post by itma »

If you have a 1944 G3L then it uses 7/8 bars
being a pedantic old git I should point out that strictly speaking all WD G3L are 1941 regardless.
saves confusing the squaddies and the QM you see.
and they should be green painted not chrome
kernow kid

Bars

Post by kernow kid »

Im not sure you can buy 1 inch bars..you may have to buy some about 26 inches long and cut them down to 1 inch, although you wont get much leverage....
Hope this helps.
Regards KK
Top tip - if it needs more than 2 bolts to hold it on, its probably important...