model 8 headlight switch2

Information relating to the Matchless G5 or AJS Model 8 350cc Lightweight
lightweightbill

Post by lightweightbill »

the part im after isnt the actual switch that sits on top of the headlight, its the mechanism inside the cowling, im told that SOME bsa's have the same deal, i dunno, but like i said before, im getting sick to death of the postie!Though i must admit posties go and go and go!
Flash

Post by Flash »

Stick a picture on here so that we can identify and we may be able to understand which part your refering to. regards John.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Wipac SO782 is the Pt number for a complete ignition switch and SO781 is the lighting switch. Both type of switches are used in BSA Bantams etc. Try veiwing www.norba02.freeuk.com/goffylighting.htm
lightweightbill

Post by lightweightbill »

Thank you two guys for yrou replies! i DID FINNALY find teh headlight switch assembly at a VERY REASONABLE price in New Zealand of all places! Until i had teh brilliant idea of posting for help here, id rung virtually if not EVERY brit bike parts dealer in Aus, to be told "nah mate we aint got nuffin fer one of them,sorry"
So again thanks guy's
As soon as i can, ill post some foto's of me &the southernmost lightweight in teh world!Unless of course someone has one in Antartica of course LOL
im going to be so glad to be known as "that bloke with teh ancient british bike"instead of what im known as now"That bloke who rides the POSTIE BIKE"!!!(below is a link for those who dont know what a postie bike is !it IS a VERY VERY RELIABLE machine mind you &the best selling motorcycle in teh world!35 million have been sold ,BUT it aint no AJS!)
http://www.super-cub.net/media/Honda_CT ... e_Bike.jpg