G5 lightweight parts

Information relating to the Matchless G5 or AJS Model 8 350cc Lightweight
Wild

G5 lightweight parts

Post by Wild »

Hi,

I currently have a G5 lightweight under restoration and have ordered many parts through Jampot spares but I'm struggling with a few parts and wondered if anyone could please point me in the right direction.

55T rear sprocket, not listed as a spare but must be available from somewhere ( consumable ) or do I need to buy a blank and get it machined to fit?

Rear Brake foot pedal stop, this part is missing, again can it be bought or will we have to make one?

Kick start lever and gear lever, both need re chroming or replacing which is the best option and can any body recommend a supplier / chromer in West Yorkshire?

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated as the resto is on the final push.

regards Paul
ajscomboman

G5 lightweight parts

Post by ajscomboman »

Andrew Engineering stock rear brake pedal stop. Malcolm may also be able to help with a rear sprocket. The gearchange lever is a standard AMC as fitted to the Heavyweights and stocked by JSL. Best to have the kickstarter plated if the splines and pivot are ok, do the same with the gear lever if the splines are good.
beesy

G5 lightweight parts

Post by beesy »

russell motors may have some 56t rear sprockets
GOLDSTAR

G5 lightweight parts

Post by GOLDSTAR »

dunno much about the lightweights, are the brake drum/sprocket integral?, in this case my mate gets round the problem by turning off the worn teeth and sustituting a jap sprocket he then welds on to the drum, just a thought if all else fails, kind regards