When you join the AJS & Matchless OC Limited, you are automatically registered as
a member of this web site and can gain access to all its facilities. Click here for a
list of the membership facilities available on this web site.
If you do not wish to join the club but would like to have guest access to this web site, please register (for free) by following this link.
Click here to see a map of the UK sections - find your
nearest section and contact information.
To apply for membership of the club, you can either
- download a copy of the application form (click here)
- apply online by filling in one of the boxes below
When you complete the details online, you have the opion of paying for 1, 3 or 5 years membership at the current annual rate. This may save you money if there are increases in the subscription rate.
- MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- Contact with fellow classic motorcycle enthusiasts through one of the largest one-make Clubs, with family participation actively encouraged. Ownership of a machine of the marque is NOT a pre-requisite to membership - just interest and enthusiasm.
- MONTHLY JOURNAL
- The Jampot, which is widely considered to be the most professional magazine of its kind. It contains news, letters, technical and historic articles and both private and trade advertisements. The magazine is available in either printed format posted to you or a digital (PDF) copy emailed to you each month.
Click here to see an example.
- ROAD RUNS
- Trials, camping weekends, "fun days" and many other social events on a local and national basis. The club’s premier annual "Jampot Rally" is held in the UK during an August weekend, the "Alternative Rally" which follows a back-to-basics style of camping weekend and international rallies in Europe (and beyond) are all organised by club members.
- A highly active website that provides information on the club's history and the bikes of the marque. A library of technical tips created by bike owners over the years is also available along with a photo gallery of bikes both restored and original condition. You can also view all the latest private and trade adverts within hours of them being sent in, get the machine of your dreams before anyone else sees it!
- A highly active Forum system that provides a number of specialised categories for help and advice, searching for people or bikes you used to know and just general chat with like-mided folk. The latest Club news and Secretarial information is published on the Forum as well as in the magazine.
- SPARES SCHEME
- Offering a comprehensive range of new and second-hand spare parts, authentic transfers, manuals and regalia via internet/mail order/telephone or personally from the Club's own retail outlet in Northamptonshire. Credit cards welcomed.
- KETTERING CLASSICS
- This is the part of the club that offers bikes for sale to Club members, both bikes of the marque and other classics can often be found. The club helps members to sell their bikes by having them in our showroom based in Kettering, Northamptonshire. The latest bikes for sale can be seen at www.kettering-classics.com
- MACHINE DATING SERVICE
- Accurate post war machine dating via original factory dispatch records and documents. Assistance with obtaining "age related" numbers and reclaiming original Registration numbers.
- BIKE INSURANCE
- Club membership will get you a discount from many of the classic motorcycle insurers.
- NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL
- With 40 UK based sections and 19 overseas contacts.
- TECHNICAL ADVICE
- Available from local sections and the Club's technical helpline. Members also have access to hundreds of technical articles accessible from the website.
- ANNUAL RAFFLE
- For a machine of the marque.
- PRE-WAR MODELS
- The club is currently preparing a Pre-War register and aims to better cater for these models.
- AFS MODELS
- The club has a register of many of these machines and is updating this as more information become available.
As a member of the AJS & Matchless Owners Club, you join with over 3,400 other enthusiasts world-wide who have an interest in motorcycling, both classic and modern. The club’s ever developing services and activities are expressly geared to the promotion, preservation, riding and enjoyment of all classic machines, but especially bikes of these marques. Whether you’re an old stalwart classic restorer, a "born again" biker or a complete newcomer to the classic bike movement, the club has a friendly welcome with an enviable reputation for providing the fullest range of services and a calendar of runs, trials and social events which spans the entire year.
Come and join us now, you will be made very welcome
If you want to download an application form to fill in or to pass on to a friend,
click here for outside the UK
click here for a UK form
* Note to view the download files you will need a
copy of Adobe Acrobat reader - get your copy by clicking on the image here.